Thursday, August 10, 2006

Pentel Energel Retractable

This is one sweet pen. I prefer retractable pens so I can easily remove them from my shirt pocket and write. The clip is attached to the retract mechanism so that if I put it in my pocket with the point extended, it automatically retracts. This is a great feature, I've ruined several shirts by putting pens in with the point extended.

The real reason to use a pen though, is to write things down. In this, this Energel excels. It writes smoothly, and lays down a nice dark line. No start-up stutters or gaps, and it keeps up with high speed scribbling as well. The ink will smear if you rub it immediately after laying the ink down, but give it 5 seconds, and it's smearproof.

I tried scrubbing the paper with Acetone based nail polish remover, and it didn't smear at all.

The only downside it that I really want one in a narrower width, and I haven't seen one in a store yet. I'll be keeping my eye out for them, though.


This came in a package of 3 for $5.79, or $1.93 each.

I'll send one to the first person who leaves a comment on this blog. US Only, please.

5 comments:

pro_blogger said...

Please, please, send me one! I just heard about these pens yesterday (which was how I hit your blog while searching for reviews on them). E-mail me at chudacek at gmail dot com.

David said...

You've got mail

pro_blogger said...

Thanks for the pen. I've written up a review here:

http://abiograd.blogspot.com/2006/08/coincidence-yields-pentel-energel.html

Anonymous said...

Darn, I'm not the first commenter :-)

I'm really intrigued by this pen now, after reading this blogs.

I never thought about the retracting mechanism being in the clip as a useful feature. Ah, the things we take for granted...

David said...

Aurea:

I've got another one, email me your address and I'll get it out in the mail.