Thursday, August 17, 2006

Pilot G2

Well, I've been using this for a couple of days, and it's not too bad. Compared to the Uni-Ball Signo RT, the line is a little wider, which is a bad thing. On the other hand, it looks like there is a ton of ink in the cartridge, so I expect to be able to write for a long time with this.

As far as the ink flow goes, it's not bad. I'm not seeing any gaps or skips when I start up, which I appreciate. On the other hand, I do notice that when I am writing, there seems to be some times when the ink flow isn't enough, and the line gets a little thin and ink starved, something that didn't happen with the Uniball. I am using the 05 point width, so this is likely something that is specific to the extra fine width. The 07 width probably doesn't do that.

I bought this at Staples, $4.89/4 or $1.22 each.

As with the Pentel, I'll sent one to the first person who leave's a comment here. US only, please.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a G2, and it's great. My friend also thinks it's the best pen. I'm using the 07 point though; I haven't been able to find the 05 nearby.

I went gel pen shopping last night :-)